. Did anyone else realize that Easter is in March this year?
Now I’ll be honest [because that’s what we do here], this recipe wasn’t exactly what I hoped it would be [see My Notes below…]. But ironically, Robbie [who is the KING of all things Cadbury] actually loved these. He said ‘if you like Cadbury Eggs, you’ll like these. They taste just like the real ones.’ And that’s a direct quote, no if’s, and’s, or but’s.
So if you’re wise, which I know you are, you’ll take Robbie’s word and get to whippin’ this ‘fudge’ together. Your Cadbury-lovers will bow at your feet ☺ .
- The only ‘issue’ I had with this ‘fudge’ is the texture. The [white/yellow] filling was a little thicker than I think I was expecting. I also think it would be interesting to use milk chocolate chips rather than semisweet to really give it that sweet chocolate flavor. Lastly, I found that this is the best at room temperature, because the filling gets really gooey and the chocolate is nice and soft.
- I poured over this recipe quite a bit afterwards because I felt like I could have made it a bit more presentable. One of the ideas I came up with was using a mini muffin tin and layering the chocolate and filling. Then you’d end up with a nice little layered Cadbury fudge piece. Cute, huh?!
- I did find that the fudge was a bit hard to cute due to the thickness of the chocolate. So be sure to use a good knife and odds are you won’t get perfectly clean cut pieces. But it still tastes just as good!
From Raising 4 Princesses
- Line a 8-inch baking dish with wax paper; set aside until ready to use. In a medium bowl, beat together the light corn syrup and butter. Slowly mix in powdered sugar and salt until combined [mixture will be very thick].
- Separate one third of the mixture and place into a small bowl. Add the yellow food coloring until you reach the desired color.
- Press the white filling into the prepared pan and top with the yellow filling.
- In another medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the white and yellow filling and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until firm before cutting and serving.