Day 522: So I made a pact with myself.
But pertaining to this whole stay at home mom [SAHM] thing.
When I officially became a SAHM, I made it a goal that I’d cook on a more regular basis.
Groundbreak, right? Not really, I know. But for someone who’d rather bake all day then make even one meal, I won’t say ‘big’ but it’s a…deal. Plus my hubby [usually] appreciates the effort, particularly after busy season when they eat out every night. So this is something I wanted to consciously make a part of our weekly routine.
To a couple of times a week…
But hey, I’ll get there! Give me some time, people.
And if I’m able to find recipes like this one, I’ll be cooking several times a week in no time!
Out of the [savory] dishes on P&P, this is by far the easiest, quickest, yet still so flavorful of a recipe I’ve made to date. And the combo of a lightly breaded baked chicken and fresh produce, we’ll be having this for dinner all summer long.
Plus, I just think it’s such a pretty, colorful recipe.
Cheers to all things scrumptious!
Cooking Level: Novice. There’s really not much to making this meal, aside from cutting chicken breasts and placing everything on a sheet pan. You got this!
Flavor: The light breading coating the chicken is chock full of fresh herbs: basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Paired with fresh green beans and sweet tomatoes, this is truly a festive summer recipe!
Texture: Slightly crunchy chicken tenders. Crisp green beans. Juicy roasted tomatoes. Dare I say “yum”?!
Would I Make It Again?: Again and again! It’s so easy [and delish], I’d be a fool not to.
Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Tenders with Green Beans and Tomatoes
1/2 c. plain bread crumbs
1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. finely grated parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1-1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 c. small tomatoes (e.g., grape), halved
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together bread crumbs, parmesan, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. In a separate shallow dish, stir together olive oil and garlic.
- One chicken tender at a time, dredge both sides in olive oil then immediately transfer to bread crumb mixture and coat both sides, slightly pressing to adhere. Transfer to one side of the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken tenders. Spread remaining bread crumbs over tops of chicken and gently press.
- In a large bowl, toss together green beans and olive oil. Spread beans on the empty side of the baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes, tossing green beans once halfway through cooking, until chicken is golden brown and green beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle tomatoes over the green beans the last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy